Thursday, May 14, 2009

GARAGE!

So I stopped by the "house" (I can call it that now since it has walls!) yesterday afternoon to see how far Ryan had been able to get with the garage walls. He though he might have one framed, but wouldn't be able to put it up by himself. To my surprise, when I pulled in the driveway, not one, but THREE garage walls were framed and up in the air, and a fourth was framed and ready to fly! My dad and Ryan were all smiles and it was apparent that they were happy with the day's work!

I got there at just the right time to help them lift the fourth wall. So, in my work clothes and work shoes, I did my best to help heft the wall into place. The wall was SO ridiculously heavy, and top heavy, I really don't think lifting with all of my might lessened their loads at all. I had no idea how they had lifted the three other walls with only the two of them. They admitted that they had built the other walls in two pieces and that they might have been a little over ambitious by the time they got to the fourth wall. In the end, we got the wall in place. We did a quick hernia check, applied pressure to a small flesh wound, and stood back to admire the beauty of the garage!


Ry putting the last nail in the fourth wall.
















No comments:

Post a Comment