Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Happy Happy Birthday Baby!

Dear Brody,
I can't believe that you are three years old!  It seems like just yesterday we were getting up with you in the middle of the night (oh wait, that was just yesterday!), rocking you to sleep, and kissing your ten little fingers and ten little toes.  I would give anything to still snuggle you before bedtime and kiss your little fingers and toes, but you rarely slow down long enough for me to get a quick hug.  You are a man on the move. 

The last three years have been quite an adventure. You successfully turned our lives upside down, inside out, and back again. Thanks to you I now know all of the names of Lightening McQueen's friends. I know the words to the Thomas the Train theme song. And I can successfully throw spider webs from my wrists.

And I am so proud that, despite how rough and tumble you can be when you wrestle with Daddy or when you're pretending to be a dinosaur, you know how to be gentle and loving when you tickle my face, pat Tucker's fluffy tail, and visit with your baby cousins.  You are a versatile little man and I love watching you grow.  I love hearing about your favorite part of the day when I pick you up from school.  I love hearing the stories you make up at the dinner table. And I love watching the wonder in your eyes when you see dragons in the clouds and the twinkling of the stars at night.

You, my little man, have become my world.  I don't know how it's possible, but I love you more every day.  I know sometimes the terrible two's haven't been so kind to us and it appears that the terrible three's will present an even greater challenge, but regardless of those challenging moments, I love every second of being your mom and I am so proud of you.  I can't wait to see the magic that this next year will bring. 

So Happy Birthday my sweet baby Brody.  May all your birthday wishes come true.

I love you so... Momma





yes, that's right. I spent 2 hours decorating this cake only to wake up in the morning to find a giant crack in the middle.  I cried about it (twice), but Brody reassured me that it would still taste great!






pinata time!




No comments:

Post a Comment