Tuesday, April 7, 2009

Day 1 - April 6, 2009

We finally sold our house and are ready to start digging! The crew came with the excavators and went to town. By the end of the day the lot was re-graded and there was a 20+ foot high mound of topsoil. Of course there was also a driving rainstorm at the end of the day, but thankfully the site was well contained and there was no erosion. I don't quite know how I would have explained that to my co-workers at DES!

So I walked around feeling very powerful today. It isn't often that the parents of a nearly 2-year old boy feel that they have control of their lives, but today I felt like we had control and that we were actually beginning to accomplish what we set out to do! I'll embrace that feeling...I'm sure it will be crushed all too soon!











No comments:

Post a Comment