Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Are we there yet?

I realize it has been a while since I posted an update and photos. I apologize and give the following as a measly excuse...we've been a little busy! AND...we canceled our internet while we could get out of our contract without early termination fees (SIDE NOTE: We are now AT&T customers since Verizon doesn't have service at the new house). So internet access on my phone is the only way I can update the blog...sorry, no pictures for a little while!

So things are moving along. Quick recap to get you up to speed: All of the floors are done. All of the window and door trim is done and painted. The doors have all been painted and installed with their hardware. The baseboard has been painted and installed. The basement stairs and stairs to Jan's apartment are done and Ryan is working on the main house stairs today. Over the weekend we insulated nearly all of the basement ceiling - an itchy job, but someone's got to do it. I think Ryan and I are going back out to the house tonight to try to finish the basement.

So basically, we're done and we should have the CO inspection on Thursday morning. Of course we anticipate failing because the inspector has serious attention to detail. So we're preparing for the worst and hoping that we don't have any major setbacks. We're anxious to get our belongings out of storage. It will be like Christmas all over again!

Just in case the CO is issued, my mom and I started cleaning the upstairs of the main house over the weekend. I don't know who decided to put so many windows in this house, I was dizzy from the windex fumes!

So that's where we're at. Keep your fingers crossed for us on getting the CO.

3 comments:

  1. Wow, never seen this side of you Jillian!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. nice work!! it's looking great!! when you go to clean the downstairs windows, try club soda in a squirt bottle instead of windex. i think it works just as well, without the smell. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. No way does that work! I'll have to pick up some club soda for tomorrow!

    ReplyDelete