Wednesday, February 1, 2012

Recipe for a Good Life...

Also known as "Things that Make Jillian REALLY Happy"
In no particular order...

A front porch with a view - because at the end of a long summer day, there is nothing that beats a cold glass of lemonade (or pino grigio!) while listening to the crickets as the sun sinks behind the trees.
 

Pino Grigio - because I just reminded myself of how delicious it is. It is refreshing and fun and significantly lessens my anxiety.
Projects to keep your hands busy and result in useful and beautiful things - because we can all use more useful and beautiful things in our lives
 like making jewelry...
 

...and diaper balm...

...and anything to do with yarn
 

A piece of land to grow food - because it's in my DNA and I simply cannot deny it. There is something peaceful and deeply satisfying about growing food. I feel most at peace with the world when I am able to tend and harvest my garden.
 

and eating home-grown goodness - because why grow it if you're not going to eat it silly?

 A cozy seat by the fire - because fire can warm your bones and your soul in a single lick of a flame.
 

Baked goods from scratch - because it makes me feel close to my grandmother...and it tastes delicious.

A husband who loves to dance - because, well I think the joy taking over my being in this picture says it all.

Pudgy little baby hands - no explanation needed.

Fun play places - because winters in New Hampshire are long and children tend to bounce off the walls.

Love notes in my lunchbox - because it is nice to be unexpectedly reminded of how much you are appreciated and how much you are loved.

Fluffy, sleeping kitties - because they are simply irresistible.

Children eating vegetables - because it gives me hope that he may someday make good choices all on his own (yes, an ear of corn gives me hope!)

Strings - because they are magical instruments that make magical music and playing them is good for the soul.

Berries - because they are small and perfect and make life more delicious.

Yoga - because it gives me a chance to breath and recognize that I am breathing.
 

The ocean - because it heals, plain and simple.

A beautiful family to share all the previous ingredients with - because, honestly, what's the point of living a good life if you can't share it with precious people?
 

What's your recipe for a good life?

No comments:

Post a Comment