Wednesday, March 14, 2012

Spring Fever

I spend hours at work writing presentations on how our changing climate impacts the water resources of the state, ways to manage stormwater and strategies to adapt to all of these changes. And sometimes I worry about the quality of life that my children and their children and their children will have if we fail to do something now. I'm a worrier if you haven't figured that out already. I have to admit though, while these 70 degree March days sound a little alarm in the back of my mind ("global warming, global warming"), I am sure loving the warmer weather!

We have been battling a double ear infection with little Jameson this past week and no one has gotten much sleep in the house (besides Brody who can apparently sleep through a train running through his room - or his little brother's incessant screaming - same difference). So I have been incredibly grateful for these sunny days and warmer temps to give me a little boost of energy when I feel rather zombie-like.

Brody has loved being able to wear short sleeves to school and we have been loving that it is still light enough after dinner to go out and play before bedtime.

So here are a few pictures before the warm weather hit.

I'd like to pretend that Brody is doing a better job not being so bossy about the way that Jameson plays with his toys, but alas he is the first child and a serious rule follower. I believe he was explaining to JJ the proper way to pop open the boxes...and I believe this was right before JJ said to hell with proper and ripped the toy from Brody's bossy little fingers! Ah, brothers!

And my little boy blue...

I realize this picture is blurry, but this is how I see him most of the time now. He's a busy little man, crawling, climbing and getting into trouble at warp speed!





Did I mention he likes to climb? This is his way of getting us to stop what we're doing and take him on a "tall tour" to see all the pictures on the walls and look out all the windows. It's quite effective really since you can't just walk away when a baby is clinging to your ankles. 



Tucker's new napping place. We have discovered (as has Tucker) that the afternoon sun shines directly on the basket of dish towels. While this makes a cozy retreat for Tucker, we've been noticing cat hair on our clean dishes. I apologize in advance to anyone who comes over for a meal.

And this boy...he's standing flat-footed (well one of them) on the floor. Do you see how tall he is? When we moved into the house just a little over two years ago his head was barely above the counter. Where did my little boy go?

Looks like they get along huh?

It's usually more like this...

But occasionally, we get this!

And this was a nice treat for Brody. Getting to read with Pa. Brody has always loved to look at books and has carefully turned pages since he was a teeny tiny baby. He loves being read to. I think he and Pa sat for over an hour reading books about snakes and lizards.


And here are some pictures from our evening out last night. You can see that Jameson was enjoying himself and looking fairly well recovered from his ear infections...so why all the crying at 3am you might ask? Someone liked sleeping on Daddy the two nights before. Dr. Ferber can you hear me?

Up...
 ...up...
 ...and away!

 A few signs that spring is coming! Our tulips are waking up!

And so is the lilac

So it kind of looks like a tornado went through our back yard, but that was just Ryan! Actually, it was the guy who Ryan hired to take down the towering pine trees that were a little too close for comfort with all of the wind and ice storms we've been having (see...global warming!)

Brody loves to go exploring in the back yard though. Who knew sticks could be so much fun?




And the fresh air did JJ some good too!

Then it was on to swinging...which I realized is nearly impossible to capture well on my camera. Oh well, the joy comes through even if the details don't!







Sometimes you can't be bothered with things like bathroom breaks!

And Sammie and Brody enjoying the last bit of sunshine before heading to bed!






No comments:

Post a Comment