Wednesday, March 7, 2012

Sunshiny Day

So it was a sunshiny kind of day yesterday and the weather is supposed to warm up to the low 60's today! That's practically beach weather in New Hampshire!  I know that we still have a long way to go before spring truly arrives, but the longer days and more frequent sunshine have me thinking about shedding some layers, lightening my load, finding ways to be more joyful and carefree, being the kind of person who more easily goes with the flow...rides the ups and downs with patience and calm instead of heart palpitations and a raging case of irritable bowel (I just ruined the pleasant Easter bunny thoughts of springtime with the mention of irritable bowel didn't I?).

Really though, life is going by at a movie fast-forward pace. I can literally see the pages blowing one-by-one off of the calendar. I don't want to miss a thing. I don't want the tough stuff to get me down. And so with those things in mind...here are some cute photos (note: these photos are pretty weak. They were all taken on my phone because I have been totally slacking in the picture-taking department. Both boys are moving so fast and are so busy these days that by the time I get my camera the moment is gone. So instead of missing the actual moment, I am trying to savor each silly moment in person. Or at least that's my excuse today for not having better pictures!)

So here is what our days typically look like...

We eat.
Jameson is really getting the hang of this eating thing. He'll spend an hour (or more if you let him) just noshing away. He is starting to get pretty tired of the pureed baby food and really would like to sink all 2.5 of his teeth into a big juicy steak! He's settling for bananas, waffles, and puffs right now. Mama needs to brush up on her infant CPR before steak is introduced!

We wrestle.
Yes, all three boys just love to beat on each other. It must be a boy thing that I simply do not understand.

We eat some more.
And try to ignore the impatient shouting and clapping as JJ indicates that he's ready for another bite before he even starts chewing the bite already in his mouth!

We get into trouble.
These two are going to be serious trouble together. I think they have a language all their own and are plotting against us - to make messes, eat inedible things off of the floor that we have to fish out of their mouths, and make us pick up their poop.

We eat yet again.
We are going to go broke feeding these kids!
 

And, yep you guessed it. We wrestle some more. Because apparently it's fun. Even when we bonk heads get pawed in the face, elbowed in the belly, and slip in our feety pajamas.


And then...we sleep and repeat!

No comments:

Post a Comment