Wednesday, May 5, 2010

Two Happy Boys...One Lonely Mother

For Brody's April vacation, Brody, Ryan, and Jan went to see Uncle Pat and Auntie Ev in Charlotte while I stayed home to work and enjoy some alone time.  They left on Wednesday morning and when I got home from work on Wednesday afternoon I was like a teenager whose parents had left for the weekend.  I played loud music, I made something with very little nutritional value for dinner and ate it in front of the TV, I stayed up late.  It was great.  In the morning I woke up and took my time getting ready for work...only having to get myself out the door, I got to work early...fabulous!  Then Thursday afternoon came...and I headed home from work..and it wasn't so bad at first.  I said hello to the cat, sat on the back porch and listened to the birds, thought about making something more nutritious for dinner...and then it happened, I was hit with an overwhelming, awful feeling...I MISSED MY FAMILY!  Alone time, shmalone time, I wanted my boys back. 

Needless to say, the next 4 days without them were not nearly as enjoyable as I had imagined.  I had pictured going to yoga every day, cooking fabulous things for dinner every night, taking long luxurious baths, sleeping like a baby, and feeling rejuvinated.  Instead, I realized that I will take my busy, often chaotic, life WITH my boys over alone time any day...and yes, you can remind me of that when I complain that I never have any time to myself!

They, on the other hand, had a blast.  Brody just adores his Uncle Pat and apparently even became a fan of Sydney, their dog.  Thankfully, their trip came to an end and we were all reunited on Monday.  I have never been so happy for Monday to get here or to put a cranky two and a half year old to bed! 

Here are a few pictures from their trip...


Brody apparently had to pull his own suitcase through the airport...and he became a big fan of the moving sidewalks and escalators!




















A visit to the Charlotte Nature Museum...and yes, Brody in a pint-sized apron melts my heart!















The cutest bug in Charlotte!



















Peak-a-boo!



















Pretending to be a T-rex in Sydney's crate...we might have to consider purchasing one of these for home!

No comments:

Post a Comment