Monday, November 28, 2011

What I'm Thankful for

In the spirit of the season, here are a few things that I am thankful for.

  • My family is healthy and happy and silly and loving.
  • Unlike last year at this time, I'm not growing a human inside my body and having to face the challenging task of getting him out in a few short months!
  • After seven years I am still in love with my husband (I might not get to see him often, but he's still my favorite person to be with).
  • We have a safe, warm, and beautiful shelter to go home to each night.
  • Dance parties in the kitchen after dinner.
  • My kids still need me and want to be around me.
  • The changing seasons (despite the fact that Jameson has a cough that kept us up for 3 hours last night because it is flu season - F.U. flu season). Even though it gets damn cold, there is something peaceful and beautiful about falling snow.
  • That we cut our own Christmas tree instead of buying it out of a parking lot!
  • A million other things that I'm too tired to form into words right now (see bullet number 7 above regarding lack of sleep).
And because I know people don't really care about the things I have to say, they just want to see my cute kids...here they are.

Me & JJ on the search for our Christmas tree.

Brody pulling the tree sled.

We found it! - although with our big heads you can't really see it behind us.

Peek-a-boo

Don't we take this picture every year?

The fresh air and the excitement of the tree hunt tuckered little Jameson right out!

Here she is, in her glory (and her fancy lights that Brody picked out last year)

Brody did most of the decorating this year. He was so excited to see all the ornaments.

J-man was more fascinated with the lights than anything else. And knowing him, he was probably scheming a way to get the tree in his mouth when we aren't looking.



Time for the nightly wrestling with Daddy.

No comments:

Post a Comment